Wednesday 15 October 2008

What's your favourite painting?


If you were stranded on a tropical island and had one painting, what would it be?
I think I would choose "Tangled Garden" by group of seven painter MacDonald. Okay, maybe not, but that might be one of my top choices for favorite painting, if I could narrow it down like that.

James?

This one is Paula Rego's and it's called "The Dance". I love her work. She's a painter from Portugal that I've always liked.

Emmett
My good friend from Winnipeg, Emmett, was the one who got me onto the favorite painting idea. His was without question, carnival evening (Henri Rousseau). I have been bugging him to get a computer, but I don't think he's online yet, and I wouldn't hazard a guess as to why he chose these moonlit clowns, but yup, that's what he likes apparently.

5 comments:

D.Macri said...

feel free to post them under this heading.

Anonymous said...

oops, that gets confusing posting to the same name.

Anonymous said...

gak! that clown painting is crawling with ufos.

shan random said...

i concur with anonymous (and might i say, nice blouse Anonymous. >cough< There are A Lot of UFOs in that last painting.

aside from that, I like the thick dancers and the post-sex flowers. i guess. mostly i like the UFOs but then second i like the chunky waltzers and finally the just-shut-up-already flowers.

Anonymous said...

as a child, a print of that one hung in my house. Some of my earliest memories in the realm of art appreciation stem from that work. Note the third figure watching the couple from the shadows of the house...spooky